Brand New Distributor for Prewar and Postwar Standards
BRAND NEW REMANUFACTURED DISTRIBUTORS -
HELPING KEEP YOUR STANDARD RUNNING THROUGH THE 21st CENTURY!
As a result of investment by the Club in development and testing, we are now able to offer this Brand New substitute Distributor for all 1930s and 1940's Standards.
This distributor requires
- A Lucar connector - supplied in the kit
- 5 terminating clips for ignition lead ends - supplied with the kit
- You need to reuse the drive dog, that can easily be removed from your original distributor by driving out the pin. This is a DIY job.
The distributor has been trialled in a Standard 14 by Brian Parkes, our resident Flying Doctor. He has noted that the car starts easier and performance is improved due to the removal of wear, and he recommends this conversion. The kit includes fitting instructions.
There were 3 types of distributor originally fitted - you must inspect yours and choose the one you need
- Early thirties cars such as the Little 9, Big 9, some 1934 9's and 10's used the DJH4A
- Later cars of the 1930's used the DKH4A
- Postwar Standards to 1948 all used DKYH4
Note that some distributors used side entry caps, these are no longer avaialable so a top entry cap is supplied with all models. There is room for the taller arrangement
Small modifications to the plug lead ends may be required to match the top entry cap, 5 of these clips are supplied with the kit.
(New plug leads and plug caps are also available as a separate item.)
REMEMBER - CLUB EXCLUSIVE - FOR MEMBERS ONLY
Carriage dependent on the total order value will be added at the checkout
Now select the type you require